For apprentices the objective is to gain the necessary on-job experiences to fulfill the task competency requirement of their apprenticeship. And for the host company, the primary objective is to minimize risk and add value to the business.
Companies host Etco apprentices for many reasons:
- We provide you with quality recruits already screened for academic ability, aptitude and a can-do attitude
- Our apprentices consistently achieve industry-leading results in exams and competitions
- You won’t have to worry about all the usual employment-related and training issues because Etco takes care of them for you
- You don’t need to make a full-time commitment for the duration of the apprenticeship, which gives you flexibility and reduced risk
- You’ll typically save thousands of dollars over the course of their training
Apprentice placement is primarily determined by:
- The range of experience required and the type of work available
- The projected workload of the host company
- The range of on-job skill competencies that you can provide to the apprentice and the time required for the apprentice to attain the required level of competency
The preferred minimum placement period is three months and all placements exceeding three months are reviewed six monthly. Where an apprentice hosting plan is in place, Etco and the host company will review the plan quarterly.