Earn while you learn
Getting paid throughout your apprenticeship means:
- A student loan isn't needed
- No training fees during your apprenticeship
- You’ll learn from the best and do the practical and theory components at the same time, so you can become registered in the shortest possible time
The Electrical Training Company will also provide, free of charge:
- A full set of tools issued at the ELITE induction course for you to keep
- A full set of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), which we maintain at no cost to you throughout your apprenticeship
However you measure it, our apprentices consistently become the best electricians - they score extremely well in exams and regularly take out top honours in national electrical awards and competitions.
That means, as an Etco-trained electrician, your ability to negotiate the best wages are significantly improved. And a New Zealand Electrician’s Registration is internationally recognised, providing qualified electricians with the opportunity to travel and work around the world.
Typically, electricians with one to five years’ experience will earn $50,000 - $65,000 per year, while electricians with six or more years’ experience will earn $65,000 - $80,000 per year. Some of our Auckland-based newly qualified apprentices earn more than $100,000 a year because of the high demand for electricians.